PEEK (Polyetheretherketone) is a semi-crystalline high-performance thermoplastic with high mechanical and chemical resistance even at high temperatures (long-term service temperatures of up to +260°)
PEEK is characterized by:
- Good impact strength at low temperatures
- Very low tendency to creep
- Good sliding properties
- High modulus of elasticity
- Excellent tribological properties
- Good wear resistance
- Self-extinguishing properties
PEEK is also available filled with:
- Glass fiber: for increased mechanical and chemical resistance, excellent dimensional stability
- Carbon fiber: for superior resistance to abrasion and higher mechanical properties
- PTFE: for excellent sliding properties and chemical resistance
Due to their characteristics, PEEK is suitable even for demanding situations.
PEEK is available in compliance with the European Regulation EC 10/2011 and amendments and in accordance with the FDA.